Victory Bible Academy is Christian Freedom International’s school to equip Christian refugees from Burma in ministry and life skills.
We are training persecuted Christians to serve their people.
The class of 2020 graduated days before the corona virus shut-down. Their training prepared them for ministering during a pandemic.
Action Report on Corona Virus Relief
- Burma and Thailand shut-down due to corona virus.
- Thousands of refugees and migrants without daily wages, food or supplies.
- Border sealed. People stranded. Christians isolated.
Threat / Crisis:
- Global pandemic.
- Burma cuts off internet and attacks villages while world attention is on combatting virus.
- Economic crisis devastating the ultra-poor, including ethnic minority Christians who already face discrimination.
Mission: Get Immediate Aid to the Destitute in Remote Areas
- Coordinate trained volunteers, supplies, transportation.
- Locate clusters of refugees and migrants in remote villages.
- Obtain permission from authorities to travel.
- CFI’s Victory Bible Academy staff and students: trained in relief aid and ministry.
- Allies: Victory partners with experienced Christian group.
- Victory school building: to prepare, coordinate and stage large relief effort.
- Victory vehicle: to transport aid and volunteers.
- Rice, canned fish, beans, salt, cooking oil.
- Water filters, feminine hygiene products.
- Masks sewn at Victory Bible Academy.
- Lone Christian family in a village asked for prayer for enough food to share with their neighbors who are Muslims and animists.
- Family asked for prayer that God would use them in this crisis to share the Gospel with their unbelieving neighbors. This village has 100 households and only 9 are Christian.
- Women and children had to leave Christian shelters during the crisis. Their dangerous community permits women to be Christian, but they cannot practice their faith in their homes.
- Discovered a group of Rakhine Christians (10 families) forcibly segregated from the rest of the community of 70 other families.
Top Prayer Asks:
- Health and job.
- COVID-19 to be gone.
- To know more about Jesus and for children to go to church.
- Relationship with God.
- Stronger in faith and more confidence to share.
- Family will be back together and healthy.
- Over 2,000 people reached with aid, prayers, and good news of Jesus.
- Instructed on how to prevent spread of virus.
- Data collected for follow-up and long-term ministry.
- Victory Bible Academy’s new term begins on July 20, 2020 with 20 new students and 20 second-year students.
- New challenges of training persecuted Christians to be missionaries during a pandemic.
Victory Bible Academy’s two-year intensive program combines classroom study, discipleship, outreaches, and hands-on leadership – along with business, agriculture, English, nutrition and culinary skills.
Students lead Sunday School classes at local churches, and Friday night youth group at the school in four languages (English, Karen, Thai and Burmese).